Quality of Our Essential Oils
Here at Grounded Owl Botanicals, we are passionate about what we do and all the products we sell. In our continuous effort for excellence, we only offer 100% Pure Essential Oils which haven’t been adulterated or tampered with in any way.
Our quality control procedures include:
• Assuring the processes used for quality control from suppliers, growers and producers meet our strictest requirements
• Ensuring that the correct botanical name plant has been used in growing
• Therapeutic Quality Essential Oils
We use Gas-Liquid Chromatography and/or Mass Spectography testing with a 3rd party independent chemist to confirm product purity and to ensure that we are being supplied with first distillation therapeutic quality oils, not second or third distillation that some big named stores may be using to cut cost.
• Checking the scent of the oil to ensure it has the right characteristics
• Checking the oil visually for correct distillation
• We have a high turnover of oils as a result of this so you can be assured our oils are always “fresh”. Our bottling process is done by hand, allowing us to continually monitor the quality is consistent in scent and color.
• Oils are stored in sealed glass jars. After each of the jars has been opened for bottling, it is flushed with nitrogen (an inert gas) to expel the air and reduce or eliminate any possible oxidization before closure.