If you are feeling out of balance, and you’re not sure why, it might be that your energy flow within your body is blocked. Many life experiences such as stress, trauma and illness can create a lot of imbalances in our body, mind and spirit which can lead us to disease. This disease can be temporary, but it can also persist, perhaps even leading to chronic illness or characteristic like patterns of negative thinking which can and would affect our lives.
Our bodies are made up of energy (every cell with in our bodies is energy) – we are all vibrational beings made up of energy centers, these energy centers are called ‘chakras,’ Each chakra needs to be vibrating at a balanced frequency for us to be in harmony as a whole being. Now don’t distress over thinking you are all off key, there are a few ways you can ensure you keep your chakras in equilibrium (balance) – keep reading for more information on how you can use essential oils and mindfulness techniques to balance the chakras!
You may ask–What exactly are ‘chakras’?
Chakras were originally recognized by Eastern cultures, chakras (or ‘wheels’ in Sanskrit) are the body’s seven vital energy centers. They are perceived to be important for our physical, emotional and spiritual well being even though they cannot be physically seen using any scans, they are considered energy channels which spin in a clockwise direction. When your chakras are balanced, they allow energy to flow freely, creating harmony. When our bodies – or minds and spirit – are stressed, the chakra can spin in different directions and at different speeds, meaning that our body’s energetic vibration frequency is altered, leaving us susceptible to imbalance. When these imbalances occur, they are commonly re-aligned through doing reiki therapy, as well as yoga and meditation, they can also be balanced with the help of essential oils and healing stones!
The seven chakras are located in different parts of the body and each are linked with numerous imbalances:
Base/Root chakra – located at the base of the body, in the coccyx or even the feet, it is associated with the color red, and helps balance basic needs like: The element of this chakra is the Earth.
- Safety (fear)
- Our connection to the earth and our bodies
- General physical health
Sacral chakra – located in the lower abdomen, lower back and sacral area, and is associated with the color orange, it helps with issues of: The element of this chakra is Water.
Solar Plexus chakra – in the solar plexus (a junction where our nerves meet near the diaphragm), associated with the color yellow, this chakra represents: The element for this chakra is Fire.
- Anxiety and stress
- Feeling abandoned
- Personal power
Heart chakra – Center of the body at the heart level, This chakra is associated with the color green, this chakra balances issues of: The element of this chakra is Air
- Confidence in one’s self
- Healing your relationships
- Anger and grief
Throat chakra – This chakra is located at the base of the throat. The color of this chakra is light blue and is associated with issues of: The element of this chakra is Sound
Third Eye chakra –This chakra is in between the eyebrows; this chakra is the indigo chakra and is to do with: the element for this chakra is Light
- Intuitive knowing
- Being able to see clearly
- Endocrine (hormonal) imbalance
- Lymphatic system
- Memory and concentration
- Sleep issues
Crown chakra – located in the crown (top of head). This chakra is associated with the color violet or white, and can balance: The element of this chakra is Thought
- Deep self-Knowledge
- Since of oneness
- Headaches/head issues
The colors of each chakra can help with balancing them. (here is an example) If you are not feeling grounded, for example, then wearing the color red that is associated with the chakra that is out of balance can help increase the frequency of the base chakra’s vibrations. If you do not have any red color to were then likewise, envisioning yourself surrounded in this color can help – or using crystals, that are red such as red garnet for the root chakra, can also contribute to regulating the body’s energy frequency. Perhaps the most extraordinarily thought is that essential oils can be beneficial in re-balancing the body’s energy centers too!
You may ask which essential oils balance which chakras?
here’s a quick guide to which essential oils complement each chakra: –
Top tips for ‘chakra balance’ aromatherapy: Sitting with the scents
- While you are using your essential oils, you will need to create a safe and happy space, allow yourself some quiet time and listen to yourself:
- Work with the scents of the oils that you feel help address your chakra energy imbalances.
- When using, the oils write down how they smell and what you are feeling when you use them.
- Use the oils every day, by trying different ways to use them you will discover what you like best and what will work for you as an individual.
Here are some ideas on how to use the oils you have chosen:
- Select one essential oil for each chakra and put 3 drops of each oil on a separate cotton pad, then place your 7 cotton pads in order of each chakra. Start with the base chakra and work your way through all 7 chakras, inhale with your eyes closed and in a mediation mood using your base chakra cotton pad first (then going in order through each one) holding your hands on or over each chakra point as you inhale the oils for that chakra with the intention of healing, also try focusing on regulating your breath. Pay attention on how it feels – where do you feel the imbalances?
- You can diffuse your chakra blend into the room, day or night – add 3 to 4 drops of up to 3 different essential oils in water in your candle burner or diffuser. Allowing yourself time and space to sit with the scents and let your mind drift. This is great way to practice meditating,
- Mix 2 to 4 drops of up to 3 different oils in 15ml of carrier oil – such as Jojoba or fractionated coconut oil – and then massage your chakra blend into the area of the body you are focusing on most. This will allow the essential oils to get absorbed into your blood stream and they can stay in your body, working to balance your chakras use this blend 2 to 3 times a day to stay balanced. This is great for things like throat, heart, solar plexus and sacral chakra balancing.
- You can also create a room spritz of your favorite blend and use it during yoga, or meditation! Add up to 30 to 40 drops of essential oils in 100ml of a hydrosol or purified water pop it in a spray bottle. (Make sure you shake it before each use as water and oil do not mix and they will separate).
- Take a bath using your oils – mix 2 to 4 drops each of 3 essential oils with half a cup of full fat milk and pop it into your bath! You can also add the oils to bath salts, making sure you use 1/8 teaspoon castile soap to mix it into the salt blend and it will disperse well into the bath water.
Here at Grounded Owl Botanicals we carry chakra blends for you to try or you may get single oils that you are drawn to assist with healing and balancing your chakra’s. We also carry chakra healing stone bracelets that you can wear your oils on throughout the day.
Have a Blessed day :O)