11 essential oils to assist in reducing acne and blemishes:
- Lavender oil– This oil helps to calm and fight blemishes on your skin.
- Tea Tree oil–This oil contains anti-fungal and antibacterial properties, which helps reduce the inflammation that leads to the swelling that is caused by bacteria on the skin. Using Tea Tree oil on your skin can dry it out so be sure to use a moisturizer after using this oil alone.
- Bergamot oil– Has a beautiful citrus scent and antibacterial properties – which assist with the elimination of black spots and blemishes on your skin.
- Rosemary oil– This oil assist with reducing the excess oil in the skin, making it a good choice for treating acne. It has anti-inflammatory effects which reduces the redness of the skin caused by acne.
- Cypress essential oil– This essential oil helps tone the skin, prevent large skin pores and reduce oil in oily skin.
- Lemongrass oil– The essential oil contains Vitamins A which enhance skin cell repair that replaces the dead skin cells also contains Vitamin E, which supports to lighten acne spots and blemish scars.
- Frankincense oil– This is my go to oil I have it in all of my personal blends. This oil has wonderful healing and revitalizing properties that help all types of skin. It also assists with wrinkles!
- Oregano essential oil– This oil has strong disinfectant properties. Make sure to use only small amounts as oregano tends to cause skin irritation.
- Chamomile essential oil– This beautiful oil can calm the irritation caused by acne it can also lightens the black spots of acne.
- Geranium essential oil– This amazing oil is having antibacterial and antioxidant properties good for acne elimination and aging skin.
- Sandalwood essential oil – Very powerful antibacterial properties, that are effective against acne, it also helps heal and fade acne scars fast.
The most acclaimed carrier oils when it comes to skin care are:
- Jojoba oil– This oil mimics the skin’s natural oils
- Rosehip oil– This carrier is rich in vitamin C, omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids.
- Hempseed oil – This carrier is considered a dry oil which means it is very quickly and easily absorbed by the skin without leaving a greasy residue.
- Coconut oil – It contains lauric acid which kills acne bacteria it is also good for blemish-prone skin.
- Sweet almond oil– This oil is rich in vitamin E and is great to use on damaged skin.
These oils can all be used as carrier oils when applying essential oils for acne treatment – all essential oils need to be diluted before they come in contact with your skin. Although some essential oils, like tea tree or lavender, can be applied directly on the pimple using cotton swab, but talk to an aroma therapist before doing this as they may cause irritation.
How to make a Clay scrub for Acne or blemished skin.
5 drops tea tree essential oil
5 drops lemongrass essential oil
5 drops lavender essential oil
5 drops sandelwood essential oil
63 ml of a carrier oil (your preference)
25 ml of clay (sea clay, Kaolin, Bentonite, Rhassoul)
Mix all ingredients together in a large mouth jar and apply to your face rubbing gently to help rid your face of dead skin and rejuvenate the new skin cells.
Rinse with warm water when finished Apply a skin moisturizer
All done Have and amazing day :O)